Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an auto-immune demyelinating disease of the nervous system, with intermittent or progressive course, often to disability, and even death. In contrast, cerebrovascular disease (CVD) events such as stroke can be insidious, or acute, often with morbid disability or death. The completely different patterns of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment across these two disorders call for a wide repertory of knowledge and therapeutics. Dr. McKinney will provide insights into these neurological challenges from decades of clinical practice and scholarship. While explicit naturopathic protocols will be introduced, the therapeutic hierarchy and reasoning to successfully address these significant health conditions are easily applied to a great number of other medical conditions that naturopathic physicians can treat effectively.
November 10, 2020, 1:00-2:00 pm EST
- Doctors will be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of MS and CVD and know which tests and assessments lead to an accurate diagnosis.
- Doctors will understand the nutritional requirements of the brain and nervous tissue to repair and heal from a variety of insults.
- Participants will have succinct clinically validated core therapeutics for auto-immune disorders in general.
- Participants will have a deeper understanding of myelination and nerve transmission, as well as the physiology of oxygen in the brain and the repair of vascular and brain tissues.
Biography of Speaker:
Dr Neil McKinney, BSc, ND, Naturopathic Physician has a BSc in Biosciences from Simon Fraser University, studied kinesiology at the University of Waterloo, and received a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1985. He was in biomedical cancer research on novel radiation therapies and radio-sensitizing drugs. He has held many positions in the regulation of the profession including Registrar of CNPBC. He has received a number of awards for contributions to advancing the scope and standards of the naturopathic profession Founded the BC Naturopathic Association www.bcna.ca and the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine www.binm.org Professor of Naturopathic Oncology, and author of textbooks of naturopathic oncology. Lectures to doctors internationally, including at ONCANP, NWNPC, OAND, SANP, BINM, NUNM, AAMP, CCNM CNPBC, AANP, and CAND. Contributes to publications for professionals and the public. Practices integrative oncology at Vital Victoria Naturopathic Clinic, Ltd. Victoria, BC.
Free Webinar with CE credits
CE Credits: CONO: Category A:
General -0.75 credit, Pharmacology-0.25 credit
British Columbia: Category C- General -1.00 credit,
AANP: General -0.75 credit, Pharmacy-0.25 credit
OANP: General -0.75 credit, Pharmacy-0.25 credit
* These webinars are intended for licensed or registered health professionals and students of health profession only.